Thursday, January 12, 2012

Hello, this is my first post,  so I am so excited to enter into the blog world.  I have been wanting to do this for some time, but I sometimes feel illiteriate when it comes to electronics.  Thank God I have teenage girls who can help me.....

This is a little chair that belonged to my Uncle's mother.  It came with instructions to not paint...we'll see how long that lasts since I paint everything. 

The before was way outdated and in need of some repair if a person wanted to actually sit in it.  I ripped everything down to the bare and repadded the seat.  Then added a rough upholstry  job and then made a slipcover.  I am all about slipcovers....being able to wash them makes me a happy gal.

Now it has the perfect little resting stop...for now...

6 comments:

  1. I'm visiting you because Debbie told me to. hehehe I've read all your posts so far and look forward to reading your future posts. What an experience you've had with your health and rehab and then losing your grandma. Hopefully, 2012 will be a much better year for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your home is so beautiful! I would love to go back to the cottage look; however, I have spent the last ten years collecting primitives. I do have some cottage mixed in and I love it!!! I, too, love windows (where there is glass in them or not) and slipcovers. I have a wing back chair that I got at Goodwill for $20 and I am slowly recovering it with patches of muslin, pillow tickeing and calico! Thanks for your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Grammy Goodwill and Primitivelover! So glad you all stopped by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melonie, darling...aboslutely darling. And I'm glad you went for it and painted it and did the slipcovers. You have amazing talent. And ENERGY! Saw you on Debbie Doos and I'm starting at the beginning of your blog. I don't want to miss a thing.

    Nann

    ReplyDelete
  5. Melanie,

    You have such a sweet blog. I read it from the most current to this very first post all at once tonight. I love all of your decorating and style. It is exactly what I want in my home. I am getting there a little at a time but I just need to take the plunge and start painting and making slipcovers. You have inspired me to maybe actually do one of the projects that I have been "planning" for so long!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Melanie. Found your blog through Facebook and I LOVE it! I did have a question. My sewing machine isn't the greatest. Which do you use and do you have any recommendations? Keep us updated on any future projects. I just love the before and afters!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping in...I love hearing from you! Hugs, Melanie