Friday, May 18, 2012

~The Deck is DONE!~  For now....


After a few days of shopping, planting, cleaning and some painting...here it is.  I am so glad I like chippy paint!  If I didn't, boy would I be in BIG trouble!


This little swing has a story....my oldest duaghter and I lugged this thing in the box up the stairs and put it together...took it apart...put it back together...took it apart...put it back together...well you get the picture.  You see, I don't like reading directions, lol!  And let me say, it was HOT out here while doing it!  Sara was dying like the typical teenager that never likes doing anything other than what she likes to.


This table was given to me by my aunt and uncle when they moved to Florida.  It was green so guess what I did?  You got it...spray painted it white!  The chairs were a find at Walley World and got a make over too!  I found the rug at Home Goods and the wicker chair was another facebook yardsale purchase.  It needed some paint too!


Last summer the hubs and I built the so called pergola and I made a cover for it and hung the sheers.  Thsi deck gets a little hot, so we added some much needed shade to actually enjoy this space.  A few years ago, I decided to stain the boards.  BAD idea....after the first winter, it was all peeling.  I have pressure washed this sucker and stained it over and over with every stain imaginable!  This summer it isn't getting anything!



I found the mirror at Home Goods and the chair was a thrift store find.  I slipcovered it with some bedding that I no longer needed.  I just adore topiaries and when I found this one at Lowes...I knew I had to have it!







The girls and my husband bought me the pink geraniums for Mother's day.  They know mama loves PINK!





I made the shelf under the window with some book ends that I found at Home Goods.  They were a bright pink so I painted them white.  They bled and became a light pink...how neat was that?!


The chandi came from K-Mart...it got painted too!


These planters were brown when I bought them from a lady.  I love them white!


More pink geraniums!




                                               


I made a slipcover for the potted geraniums since I didn't want to paint it and ruin my pretty flowers.














Well, I hope you have enjoyed a peak of the back deck.  Ther is more around  the corner, but I am still working on it!

Always remember to live a good life and to love freely!  God is so good!

17 comments:

  1. Oh I love it, it looks amazing. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your deck. It is so fun to make outside areas this time of the year, isn't it?! Yours looks great. I love the sheers and everything you have painted white. You must spend as much money on white paint as I do.

    Enjoyed seeing you in Romantic Homes magazine! Have a great weekend. --Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks FANTASTIC! What a wonderful space to relax and breathe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I just love your deck Melanie. I could live out there all summer long!

    ReplyDelete
  5. very lovely Melanie ... it looks so serene and beautiful... just beauty... whte and pink are ultimate beauty... so soothing for the eyes... and soul too
    htttp://craftaworld.blogspot.com
    with love
    Farah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your deck looks already for entertaining, Melanie! Everything looks so pretty. Love the mirror and how you gave yourself some shade.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Only YOU would make a cover for a flower pot--LOVE it! Everything looks so inviting and romantic...and that mirror is GORGEOUS! Lots of summer evenings are going to be spent here, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your deck looks fantastic! Love the white!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Melanie,

    When I saw your photos in Romantic Homes, I just had to come to your blog. Oh, how wonderful it is to look at your photos. I have devoured each one of them and loved your comments as well.

    Please continue to share your decorating with us. It is truly a blessing.

    In Grace,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness I'm so glad I found your blog!! I've posted every picture you've ever had on Houzz to my ideabooks. I love your home. I'm a new follower and can't wait to see more. Blessings, Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  11. A wonderful place to relax. The curtains add such a sweet and romantic touch. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Melanie!
    Everything looks great! Your special details make it so cute and inviting! Love the chandi! I have a pair of thoseetal planters that were brown that we just painted too!
    I remember your fabric draped pergola area from last year- its very romantic!
    Love the pink geraniums! You are all set for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  13. hi Melanie ... really enjoyed your porches. Everything looks so fresh and inviting.
    Have a great summer.
    Blessings,
    Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  14. Melanie I just came across your blog and what a pretty blog you have. Your deck looks amazing. I've become a follower of your blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. such a lovely veranda/deck you have,,so romantic

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow your decking area looks so lovely....i have a question though....does it stay white for long? :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping in...I love hearing from you! Hugs, Melanie