Sunday, January 19, 2014

My Window gets a New Look

I've been wanting to change this window treatment for some time and finally got around to it last night.  It's the only window we have in our bedroom so I want to keep as light and airy as possible.  The pull down shade is a blackout blind that is ugly by itself in my book.  

I made these panels about 6 or 7 years ago and am just tired of the pulled back look.  I love panels hanging straight down.  Mike and I made the faux wainscoting on the wall and added moulding to make the window look older and bigger.

This is what I did last night....

I bought a twin sheet set at Target, split the flat sheet in two, hemmed it and added the ruffles to the sides then added the curtain pocket at the top.  I loved the balloon shade from the Shabby Chic line and thought it would soften up that roll down shade and make it look better.


After fooling around with things to put back into the window...I really liked the all white look better than anything else.  I tried flowers, berry garland and the big birdhouse I used to have but they didn't do it for me.


I was excited to see what the window looked like with the natural light coming through today and this is what it looks like with the lights off.  


And with the lights on.

Now I think I will work on the curtains I have dividing the office from the bedroom.  I have a few ideas to get a new look but it's gonna take some serious sewing, lol!

I hope you all are enjoying your Sunday!



6 comments:

  1. It looks beautiful. I always like your window dressings.
    Blessings,
    Amy Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melanie,
    I love it. Great job. I have that same cherub and love that little guy. It is all so pretty. The new window treatments lighten up that window nicely. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very romantic and dreamy...i love it
    Kisses
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome post and pictures! I really love this; I think I'm going to get some for my house. Thank you for sharing this with us!
    houston blinds
    shutters houston
    window shade houston

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping in...I love hearing from you! Hugs, Melanie