Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Turning a Vanity into Nighstands

Do you love looking at Pinterest late at night like I do?  I find so many wonderful creations that inspire me!  

For many years, we've had these "cheapie" round tables.  You know, the kind that are pressed wood, beside our bed due to space issues.  


They served their purpose really well as for looks, but functionality and storage, not so good.  


See, they were pretty...

But as a I looked for something slim enough, I found my quest getting harder and harder.

Until I ran across a pin with 2 slim nightstands that I realized that had been made from an old vanity.  
That's when the light bulb went off!


I began a different quest for an old, cheap vanity.
It was short and sweet!


A true score for $60!  Sure, the veneer was chipped and missing in some places, but hey, that's what adds character.


This is what they look like after....perfect for our books, glasses, and all that other junk that seems to gather by the bedside.
I hate clutter, so I am always looking for ways to hide it all!


These work GREAT and I really love how they turned out.  The hubster does too!


They distressed so nicely don't you think?

There was one knob missing it's face, so thankfully I save everything and found some petite knobs for the top drawers that complimented the other knobs perfectly.  I originally thought about glass knobs, but was out...so to save some money, I repurposed the old ones.


I just love our bedroom downstairs. It gets prettier each time I find something old made into new to add.  I am so very blessed to have what I have, and I don't mean materialistic things....God has truly blessed me with  happiness and contentment in my life in all things.  I really couldn't ask for anything more because I love my life and all that's in it.  Even the bad stuff...because that makes me see just how blessed I truly am!

May the rest of your week be blessed! 


6 comments:

  1. Your bedroom is so pretty. I love taking those old dressers and splitting them for night stands. Yours are beautiful.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melanie, you've got mad skills at painting and sewing! I just caught up on this project and your last slipcovers from the HG quilt - beautiful! Happy Easter to you and your family.
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very peaceful and serene! Love your new nightstands! They look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea you had! I need a skinny nightstand, too. (Our bedroom isn't very big, even though we only have a double bed.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Melanie I am new to your blog and I am loving it. Such a good idea for the night stands! Jo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sweetie,
    These turned out beautifully!!! I LoVe how your bedroom looks .... so relaxing, and comfortable ...... LoVe visiting you, and all your ideas xoxo Have a wonderful rest of your week :):)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping in...I love hearing from you! Hugs, Melanie