Saturday, September 5, 2015

We're Movin' On Up

The hubby and I have taken our last turn with the computer.  We finally decided to go for 2 desk tops instead of just the one.  We all have our phones and laptops, but there is just something about a desk top that he and I like the best.  As we were putting the desk together, I said I never thought we'd ever have 2 computers.  He said, "did you ever think we'd be a 3 car family?"  I can say God has truly blessed us when we have most needed it.  We now have a 3rd vehicle to act as back up if we have anymore car trouble.  Now if we can work out all of the other kinks in life so easily...


Sorry, I got side tracked...now back to the show...

So I set out to find a good one (we love our HP) and I found a great deal with a bundle package.  Another HP with lots of memory for his music and my photos.  Now we won't have to wait our turn anymore!  

YIPPEEE


We moved the china cabinet here and put the gun cabinet where it originally was.  I found the perfect little desk, the right size, price and it matched the other style of desk we have, perfectly.


Remember how I had the china cabinet here?  I am liking this for a change.


I know Mike was so relieved that he didn't have to build anything (that was my original plan) but with all of the health issues and such, neither of us wanted to do it, lol.


All we had to do was cut out the top shelf to allow room for the CPU unit and all of the other junk that needed to be hid.  The cabinet wasn't deep enough, so this is where I got creative...wink wink.  I wasn't about to let all of my hard work of planning and calculating go to waste and have to chuck all of that out of the window.  Now, all I have to do is figure out where the printer will go.  At least it's white, lol!


I had another magazine offer, but am not holding my breath.  I went and bought some fresh roses to add in this planter on our coffee table.  I usually keep silk flowers in them.  I thought they'd add a nice touch for the photos I submitted.


I love the pink with the pale green and the blue floral pillows in the background together.  I love adding soft touches of pastels with all of my white.


My last few hydrangeas from my garden and some left over roses....I have had so much fun filling this little jar carrier with fresh clippings all summer long.


I have still been fooling with the new camera and thought that this photo really showed how beautiful this light is.  Just look at how the crystals pop and the background is faded just a bit.  I am loving this camera!


Here's some more detail that really has never shown up well in my old photos.  I made this table runner with some left over Bella Rose Blue fabric, some shabby chic sheets and lace.  


 And lastly, this lovely bird stand I have in one of the guest rooms.  The details have never looked so pretty to me!

Well, that's it for now.  I hope all of you are having a very blessed holiday weekend.  Summer is over I guess....now bring on the SNOW!


3 comments:

  1. I don't know what I hate to share the most: the computer, the car….no it's the bathroom. But luckily we don't have to share any of those now, so congrats on moving on up….love that..and your pretty flowers…just like pink and yellow icing on a vanilla cupcake.
    Very Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melanie, your cabinets are so beautiful. I love the soft blue curtains in one and the blue and white transfer ware in the other. Perfect as always. Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks great and congrats on TWO new computers! Good for you! I use my laptop almost exclusively anymore but hubby likes his desktop. Good luck on your magazine deal if it works out. Blessings- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping in...I love hearing from you! Hugs, Melanie