Sunday, January 3, 2016

Something New

It seems that after Christmas is over and all of the decorations are stored away, things seem a little bare to me.  Like things are missing. I talked myself right out of going shopping for some new pieces today.


It started with the mantle.  Usually I keep candles on wine goblets but I was wanting something different.  I'm still not happy, but it's a start.  I can see it with all white...maybe I will go shopping after all.


I love faux flowers...if they are done right.  I like a cohesive look and thankfully I had some flowers that all went well with each other.  After taking down the pine, something green was needed.  So my talent for making floral arrangements came in handy.  (insert sarcasm)  I will definitely be on the look out for something new!


I did however buy this lovely little rose and the mirror the other day.  I think it's perfect on the table.


The wispy-ness  is what I am wanting...not so uniform.  Paired with a delicate tea pot, it sure does make a sweet setting.


Everything is simple enough and doesn't stop the eye as it travels across the room.  The sunlight sure does make a difference though.  Everything was so bright and cheerful.


Having an arrangement that looks the same on both sides is crucial for this island.  Most store bought floral arrangements are one sided. If real flowers would stand the test of time...I'd much rather have them.  I've found that making your own is way cheaper than buying pre made.  But sometimes, I bite the bullet when I see something I fall in love with.


I had a boxwood wreath in storage, so I thought it would look nice on this mirror since things looked so bare.  Kinda happy with it!


And last but not least, my sweet sleeping hubby.  I happened to be walking by putting away decorations and this is what I see.  He looks so sweet.  (tee hee hee)  He's gonna kill me for putting this on here!
But I just thought he looked so adorable and wanted to share with the world, wink wink.

We are coming up on our 25th anniversary, so we decided to renew our vows in the Spring.  I bought a dress that I have plans on re-doing the other day and it hit me...this is really going to happen!  25 YEARS!!!  We've been together for a total of 28 and a half...so this is a big deal and a happy one.  I'm so excited to do a wedding since my girls won't be getting married anytime soon!  Not many stay together anymore.  So be prepared to see lot's of photos come spring time!  He told me last night that we need to have a honey moon afterwards....I think he's having fun with this thing too.  God has truly blessed the both of us!
May your New Year be blessed and as always, it's a pleasure to share my life with all of you...thank you!






2 comments:

  1. Oh Melanie, I cannot wait to see the pictures of your vow renewal! My husband and I also celebrated our 25th anniversary this past May and renewed our vows on a trip to California in October! We did it by ourselves, on the balcony of The Getty Museum, overlooking the ocean in Malibu. It was incredibly romantic and we both cried as we each read vows we'd written for the occasion. I hope your day will be filled with love and much laughter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hola mi querida melanie ,que bueno que dentro de poco hacen 25 años de casados . Mi esposo y yo el 22 se este mes hacemos 35 años de casados y si , es una bendicion estar 35 años unidos a la persona que Dios ha escogido para ti . Muchos besitos mi querida hermana pili fleitas

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping in...I love hearing from you! Hugs, Melanie