Tuesday, December 13, 2016

I'm Never Done

I thought I was finished with Christmas decorating a long time ago, but when we went to buy a tree for our church, I saw this one and had to have it!  Unfortunately, they didn't have them in stock so I went on the hunt and finally tracked one down at another store a few more miles down the road. 


The reason why I fell in love was because it looks so real!  I have wanted one like this for a few years but the prices I was seeing made me say 
"no way"!  I just can't fathom a price being over $150 for a Christmas tree.  Now if it were one of those trees that would fit into a mansion and was 10 feet tall, well then I could understand.

And when a tree doesn't need all sorts of decorations or lights to be pretty, then you know it's a gorgeous tree!


Being a foot taller looks so much better with the window wall.  It's 7 and a half feet tall...our ceilings are 8 and a half. 

 I bet you're wondering where the other tree is now....


It is perfect in one of our guest rooms!  Next year, I think I'll put it downstairs though.


I found a battery operated star for this space since I don't have an outlet.  I love it!


So there ya go...I am never done with decorating, even with Christmas!  I love my tree and am so thankful for being able to buy it.  God has been so very good to us with my sweetie not having a job.  This Christmas, so far, has been the very best ever because I have him home with us.  I am one blessed woman!


6 comments:

  1. Your home is so beautiful. I love so many of your clever decorating ideas. I bought a big tree once that was half price after Christmas. I used it two years...now I have a skinny tree and love it. I gave the big tree to my daughter, she is still using it. :):) Blessings to you and yours for a merry Christmas. xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous as always! your style is amazing ox

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it, Melanie! It really does look real! My daughter bought one the day after Christmas two years ago. It was a $900!!!! tree with 90% off! So, with tax she paid less than $100. I had not seen it until this year and I thought it was a real tree. I love that you do so much for Christmas-everything looks so beautiful. I am glad you have your hubby home for the Holidays this year and after that we should start praying a job for him, I suppose? Too bad you couldn't pay him to stay home! lol xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always love what you come up with! Having a handy guy around can be so useful...(albeit nerve wracking till employment is steady!)
    Do you make slip covers for other folks?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in love with your home and the Christmas decorations you've used. So beautiful! I just found your blog today. LOVE it! Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hola preciosa melanie, decirte que me encanta tu nuevo árbol de navidad, y si ,Dios es bueno y para siempre es su misericordia. Recién leí un blog ,"shaby and charme " ,que lleva una chica encantadora ,y la entrada de hoy,se refería a tu hogar, ya te puedes imaginar, me llevé una gran alegría. Muchos besitos para ti y los tuyos, Dios los continúe bendiciendo 😙😙

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping in...I love hearing from you! Hugs, Melanie